Summer. It's a wonderful thing. Whoever invented summer should be congratulated. :-) It comes with great new adventures, less of a schedule and more of a free spirit. I love it! Our Allegro dancers are enjoying summer as well. Some are staying close and enjoying life at the pool mixed with some amazingly fun class at Allegro, their home studio. While others are traveling the world! Either way, summer can be a time to take a breath and relax while strengthening your body and technique. It's a prefect match!
- Some of our students are dancing with the Minnesota Conservatory of the Arts as a part of their summer intensive program.
- We had 20 students participate in our ASDM Intensive right here at Allegro. I've attached some pictures of this wonderful week. These students learned SO much choreography in just a limited amount of time and performed it beautifully and skillfully for parents and guests.
- We have 2 students dancing in Europe with Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp and their International Ballet program. Caroline and Eleanor are having an outstanding time. They'll be happy to share with you about their adventures when they arrive home. For now, limited electronics and many hours of dancing are what keep them busy. What an amazing opportunity! We are very proud of both of you!
- Even our youngest dancers at Allegro can get a little taste of what a summer intensive is like. Check out the very fun picture from our Polynesian Princess Dance Camp held just a couple of weeks ago. They really enjoyed dancing with Miss Allie and Miss Taryn!
- I just recently received an email from one of our students dancing with Alvin Ailey in our their summer intensive program all the way from New York City! Katrina sent you all a special note....
First, I want to say I miss home more than I'd like to admit, even though I love the city. The classes are fun and challenging, and my teachers are amazing, even though some of them have really heavy accents. I have ballet every day, Horton three days a week and Graham twice. I'm also taking a class called Gyrokinesis twice a week and West African three times a week. West African is my favorite class; the movement is so free and different, it's amazing. I'm excited to tell you more when I get back!
I miss you guys in Minnesota and I hope you're having a great summer like I am! I'm also attaching a photo my mom took on move-in day last Sunday.
See you soon!
- What are you up to this summer? Send me an email or post something on instagram #asdmsummer2017 to share it with your Allegro tribe.
We look forward to seeing you at the studio soon! Haven't registered for a summer dance class yet? It's not too late! Call us today!
Take a peek at our blog, where we will be sharing monthly updates, exciting news, and events!